Welcome to The Elmhurst Practice
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisation.
Access and Parking
Disabled access is available to the side of the building near to the car park entrance. Disabled toilet and baby changing facilities are available.
There is a pay and display car park at the rear of the building. This belongs to Redbridge Council and not the surgery.
New Patient Registrations
We are open for new patient registrations and have made it easier for you to register with us during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Please select the new patients tab at the top of the page for more information.
As of 19th July 2021,
NHS England has confirmed that Masks and social distancing rules will remain mandatory in all healthcare settings,
Public Health England’s (PHE) infection prevention control guidelines and hospital visiting guidance are set to remain in place for staff and visitors, even as restrictions are eased elsewhere.
National Health Service England, state that visitors will need to abide these rules in ‘GP practices, dental practices, optometrists and pharmacies to ensure patients and staff are protected’.
For the time being there will be no changes here at the practice.
- Patients coming to the surgery will still need to wear a mask, use the hand sanitiser and socially distance.
- Our staff will continue to wear appropriate PPE. We have made this decision as often patients coming to the surgery are sick, vulnerable and maybe unvaccinated due to medical reasons, so we feel that these precautions will help to protect everyone.
- We also need to minimise the number of our staff catching Covid so we can keep a functioning service, so for this reason alone these measures are vital.
- Our consultations will continue, these might be offered as face to face, by phone or by video. It is worth noting that we are consulting with higher numbers of patients than we ever did before the pandemic, whilst also playing a big part in the vaccination programme too.
- Our doors are open but just in a different way. We hope you will understand why we need to continue with these measures and keep the surgery as safe for everyone as we can.
- We have all come so far in trying to minimise the impact of Covid, let’s continue to stay safe together.
Thank you from all at The Elmhurst Practice.
Certificate of vaccination
Your General Practice is unable to offer you a certification of covid vaccination, a vaccination passport or a letter to prove you have been vaccinated against covid-19. You can however find details of all your vaccinations on the NHS App.
Proof of vaccination documents have not yet been developed and as such cannot be provided by your GP. As soon as we have further information we will share it with you.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Please do not come to the surgery - please call us or message online instead - regardless of whether you have symptoms or not.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation we have changed how we deliver appointments. We are now no longer offering face to face appointments unless a patient has been triaged first by a clinician either by phone or online econsult. The majority of issues can be dealt with by phone but if you need to be seen our clinicians will organise this. We have also had to stop some routine services at this difficult time.
For more information please click here to go to our dedicated web page
(Site updated 19/07/2021)